Sunday, March 4, 2007

I was ALARMED

Dear Joanna,
After having a loverly Saturday morning, Mum Matthew and I had a breakfast at a Haberfield Cafe then on to the Archibald Prise at the Art Gallery.
Return home I though I would call into my church to pick up something. I entered the pass code pressed the button and the door opened and closed behind me. I pressed the deactivate button. All is well untill I went to leave. I opened the door off went the alarm...a loud double tone deafening alarm that could be heard from two blocks away. I quickly pressed all the buttons but the alarm just got louder so was my anxiety level. I went outside shutting the doorbehind me thinking it would stop the noise, but it made no difference. Mum and Matt just did not seam to take much notice, just sat in the car and kept talking. They probably did not realise the stress I was going through. All this racket went on for maybe three minutes. What if the security or the police turn up, my brain was working overtime but not to solve the "turn off" problem.
Than out of the blue a white knight comes riding up in her golden Avalon in the church driveway. Ps Diane came in to finish some office work. Armed with with the knowledge of the secret of the loud door pressed the right buttons and "walla"..... "peace in our time". What a relief and what timing. The rest of thew day was boreing well must run. Love DAD.

No comments: